Sunday, January 21, 2007

So Much Out There

I woke early and reached over for my laptop and began to just read. Man, there is so much out there for us to learn from. I know there is a lot of talk about helping students know how to search for quality material, but I have to say that I was a little overwhelmed looking at all there is. Internet sites, blogs, wikis, videos, podcasts--and I am sure that people are already working on something new. I wonder-are we as educators preparing our students to live, to learn, and to work in a world where these exists? I work in a very progessive district, but we still have a long way to go. I keep reminding teachers in my school that this is a marathon and not a sprint to the finish. We are all in this for the long haul. Just think how different things were even 14 years ago when I graduated high school. What is it going to be like for the kids we are currently teaching?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 21, 2007 at 7:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like we're about the same age, Sunny, so I know how hard you must have worked for your principalship! Congrats on the site. I look forward to reading what you have to share.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home