Friday, August 31, 2007

Day 5 In the Classroom

Wow, how different it is than I remember! I have been back in the classroom for 5 days now and am loving it. It feels strange not to be the one everyone comes to, but it is a good kind of strange. I sat in a meeting earlier this week and was thrilled as I watched teachers' facial expressions as the adminsitrators went over paperwork. I found myself smiling at the administrators as they worked because I remember the feeling of looking out on a room full of people who aren't too happy. Later, I was in a department meeting listening to the group of teachers complain about this and that. I was careful to stay quiet until finally one of the remembered that I had been an administrator. She turned to me and asked if they could ask me questions from the perspective of an administrator. Needless to say, the conversation was rich with all of us learning a little more about how the other "side" lives and opperates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home