Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"Closed. System Temporaily Down"

I have told myself for years that as soon as I was not as stressed in my job that I would give up Mt. Dew. I realized earlier this week that I was feeling very relaxed each afternoon after work and that there was only a few more cans in the fridge. I don't drink, smoke, or have any other vices except for the Dew, but I decided to give it up yesterday after drinking the last can of Mt. Dew that was in my house. God was watching out for me too because this morning I stopped to get gas. What would one hurt right? So I went to the door of the gas station and found it locked. Okay, so I went down the road a bit and pulled on the door of another gas station. Posted on the door was a sign, "Closed. System Temporarily Down." Okay, I don't have to be hit upside the head to realize that my decision to give up the sugar and caffeine was the right one.

"Closed. System Temporarily Down" Wouldn't it be nice if our kids had the ability to put a sign saying this when they had one of those kind of days? How would this change what I do in my classroom each day? Would I change how I interact with my kids? Is there a way for us to get this kind of message from our students?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At September 25, 2007 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Chris Lehmann said...

As I go for my second cup of coffee, I'm envious...

Caffeine is a way of life for me. :)

How's the decision going for you?

 
At September 26, 2007 at 6:36 AM , Blogger Sunny said...

Chris, I can't get into a hot caffeine sourse. I am doing better. After the headached I got the second day, I realized that cold turkey probably wasn't the smartest way to go. Now I am only having one a day. Evenutally, I am going to stop that too. Trying to do the water thing, but sometimes, I just gotta have the Dew.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home