Sunday, September 2, 2007

Learning from the Comfort of My Bed

I got up early this morning and for the first time in many months, I didn't have plans to go into the office. I pushed Lizzie, my 6 month old puppy, over and reached for my new lap top. Several months ago, I started reading different blogs but I hadn't made time to keep up with this--until this morning. I used several blog rolls to help guide me in my search. I read several blogs by new principals working to adjust to the different rolls and responsibilities. I read of those trying to bring change by fully integrating technology and the tools available in the classroom. I also came across several who were taking time off from blogging either due to vacation or due to personal struggles with sharing of themselves so openly and publicaly. Those who say that educators have it easy really have no idea.

I don't feel like I am as eloquent with my words as the authors of the blogs I read this morning, but I am treating my blog as I ask my students to treat their journals. This is a time for me to write freely, to reflect upon readings or my experiences, and to think "out loud."

1 Comments:

At September 5, 2007 at 6:11 PM , Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog today and for allowing me to overhear you as you think "out loud" in your own blog. I'll be back!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home